The aim of this course is for students to combine motor skills, strategic thinking and tactical knowledge to improve individual and team performance. Students will be required to apply themselves in a variety of sports including basketball, soccer, netball, lacrosse, volleyball, tennis, European handball, hockey and badminton.
Students will be required to participate in the College swimming, athletic, cross country and interschool sport program
- Australian Physical Activity and Sedentary Behaviour Guidelines
- Body Systems
- Fitness Components
- Sport Safety, First Aid and Injury Prevention
- Teamwork, Sport Tactics and Game Sense
To successfully complete this unit students are expected to:
- Proficiently perform complex movements and manipulative skills during game situations
- Demonstrate strategic thinking and tactical knowledge to improve individual and team performance
- Make an active contribution towards class activities and wear the correct PE uniform
- Maintain a class workbook
- Demonstrate a satisfactory understanding of unit topics through set class work, knowledge tests and practical applications
- Satisfactorily complete a computer lab activity on Fitness Components.
Contact Teacher - Kelly Meade