Fitness for Life - PEFL
* This is a Material Intensive Elective. Confirmed enrolment in this Elective is conditional on payment of the Material Intensive charge of $35.
Fitness for Life encourages students to be involved in regular physical activity while developing knowledge of elite training principles to improve fitness levels. Students’ will undertake a full fitness profile, measuring fitness capabilities across a number of areas and design their own training program.
Activities include interval training, speed & power training, resistance training, plyometric training, core strength training and aerobic conditioning. Excursions to community fitness facilities and other relevant venues will be part of the program.
Students will be required to participate in the College swimming, athletic, cross country and interschool sport program.
- Energy input and output
- Fitness components
- Training Principles & Methods
- Nutrition for Sport
- Body's response to exercise
- Australian Physical Activity and Sedentary Behaviour Guidelines
To successfully complete this unit students are expected to
- Make an active contribution towards class activities and wear the correct PE uniform
- Apply theoretical knowledge to improve fitness levels
- Maintain a class workbook
- Demonstrate a satisfactory understanding of unit topics through set class work, knowledge tests and practical applications.
- Participate in excursions to community fitness facilities
- Satisfactorily complete a fitness training program and nutrition diary
Contact Teacher - Kelly Meade