Humanities - Civics
This subject has a levy of $80.00 which covers the City Campus Experience for five days in Term 3.
This core unit aims to give students a knowledge and understanding of the processes and political influences that have formed Australian democracy. Students will experience a lively and comprehensive course in active citizenship through excursions, city campus, case studies, visiting speakers and community involvement.
Students will study:
- Aspects of our indigenous population
- Immigration from convicts to refugees
- Australian Identity and legal system
- Democratic processes of decision-making
- Human rights and responsibilities
- Investigation tasks generated from research, speakers and excursions
- City Campus report/presentation
Contact Teacher - Geoff Portbury