Humanities: Dollars and Sense
Young adults face many financial decisions that have a significant impact on the rest of their lives. This unit aims to develop in students a basic understanding of personal finance and investing, so they can make smart financial decisions during the early stages of their working lives and beyond.
Topics covered include savings and investing, the dangers of credit card debt and the importance of financial short and long- term goals, budgeting and consumer rights.
Students will investigate issues including mobile phones, internet banking, investments, financial contracts and credit and debit cards.
- Knowledge and awareness of financial planning techniques
- Financial literacy, numeracy and improved personal management
- A boost in financial confidence
- An understanding of the need to make wise investment choices
- An awareness of current affairs issues
- A folio of exercises
- Investigation task
- Short Tests
- Simulation games
Contact Teacher - Geoff Portbury
Contact Teacher -