VET Interactive Digital Media
* This is a Material Intensive Elective. Confirmed enrolment in this Elective is conditional on payment of the Material Intensive charge of $75.
VET Certificate II in Creative Industries (Media) is studied at Year 10 level for the whole year. Completion of this VET Program is followed by Certificate III in Media in Year 11. Aims
The VCE VET Interactive Digital Media program aims to:
- provide participants with the knowledge and skills to achieve competencies that will enhance their employment prospects in the in 3D and game design industries.
- enable participants to gain a recognised credential and to make a more informed choice of vocation or career paths.
VET Certificate II in Creative Industries (Media)
Units 1 and 2 cover core game development skills in dealing with game engines. Students design and build a game of their own, including assets, puzzles and AI.
This is a year-long subject leading to a Certificate II in Creative Industries (Media). Students who complete a second year of study are eligible for a Certificate III in Media. Certificate II in Creative Industries (Media) consists of eight
units of competence. In order to receive two units at Units 1 and 2 level, students will be required to complete the four core units totalling 75 hours and four electives to a minimum of 105 hours.
In this subject students are introduced to the game design pipeline. They learn about the key elements required to create a fully functioning game in the Unreal Development Kit (UE4). They complete design documents including game flow, level concepts and storyboards and incorporate feedback from teachers and peers. Students develop their skills in the use of Photoshop, Flash and HTML, which are required for creating in-game menus and heads up displays. This unit also covers OH&S in a game design environment.
VET Certificate III in Media
In Units 3 and 4 students extend and develop their skills to include third person games, complex scripting and multiple levels.
VET Certificate III in Media offers students who have completed Certificate II in Creative Industries (Media) a program which provides a Units 3 and 4 sequence for satisfactory completion purposes.
A study score is available for this program. To be eligible students must:
- achieve all the units of competence designated as the scored Units 3 and 4 sequence
- be assessed in accordance with the tools and procedures specified by the VCAA
- undertake an end-of-year examination.
The Diamond Valley College VET IDM program is auspiced by the Academy of Interactive Entertainment, a Registered Training Organisation who monitor the program to ensure it complies with national standards. Trainers from AIE will visit the school at regular intervals, and will also organise visits to the Academy. Students enrolled in these courses will receive their qualification from AIE, and will be offered the opportunity to enrol in post-secondary courses that build on their school experience.
Contact Teacher - Steven Russell