Team Sports - PETS
The aim of this course is to develop the skills and techniques selected from the following activities – basketball, netball, volleyball, handball, soccer, tennis, badminton and football. Students will be expected to explore their use of space on the sporting field/court and how they rely on others to achieve individual and team goals. The course will involve a theoretical component, which includes biomechanics, skill acquisition and stages of learning, roles and tactics in sport and management of sports injuries.
- Skill Acquisition and Stages of Learning
- Sports Injury and Management
- Team Sport Practical - Tactics & Strategy
Successful completion of this subject is indicated by the completion of the following class expectations:
- Demonstrate a willingness to learn game knowledge and display skill development or improvement.
- Demonstrate knowledge of biomechanics through the use of movement analysis software.
- Maintain a class workbook of class notes
- Display a satisfactory understanding of theory material
- Satisfactory completion of research assignment.
- Completion of pre and post fitness testing
- Wearing the correct College Physical Education uniform.
Contact Teacher - Rebecca Taylor